PADDLING ON THE DORDOGNE !
Try the paddle board for an original trip on the Dordogne.
Test paddling with other people on the same board with or new one adapted for 8 persons !
Introduction at the departure.
2h from Gluges to Meyronne.
Must know how to swim !
A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE !
RENT A RAFT FOR A DAY OR FOR 3 DAYS
Make the descent and discover the Dordogne river in a different way. A family or friends adventure.
The raft is a means of transport adapted to the river conditions that goes down the river at the pace of the current.
The raft is a kind of entertainment and an adventure activity, as well as a new way to explore and discover the river.
WHAT WE RECOMMEND
Know how to swim and immerse yourself ;
Wear the life jacket provided by the rentor ;
Respect the river’s rules ;
Wear a closed pair of shoes ;
Do not forget some food and water for picnic (the rafts are equipped with a box) ;
Use the trash bag provided by the rentor for your trash.
DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL BASE
COPEYRE - MEYRONNE --> 9km
MEYRONNE - PINSAC --> 9km
PINSAC - SOUILLAC --> 9km
About 5 hours of navigation.
6 PERSONS BY RAFT MAXIMUM
FOR A WONDERFUL AND UNFORGETTABLE BIKE RAMBLE !
If you dream for your holidays :
- to pedal at your own pace among the amazing landscapes that seem to be created for your own pleasure ;
- to visit the Dordogne Valley and its several historical sites at the bend of wooded tracks ;
- or simply to abandon your usual vehicle to travel by bike.
Choice of the itinerary
First of all, golden rule, do not overestimate your capacities (distance and difficulties).
- The IGN map is an open source of information about the type of track that you will face on your mountain bike. It allows you to discover the most interesting sites and places on your itinerary but also the contour lines, the tracks, etc... The closer the contour lines are, the bigger the fall is. The spaced contour lines mean a flatter area. If a track cuts one of these lines, you’ll face a slope (or a hill according to the contour lines direction). By following one of this contour lines, your progress will be easier.
- The IGN map will also give you the opportunity to localize some quiet and unknown hiking tracks.
- Thanks to its legend, you will have the chance to find wooded areas, pastures, etc.
- The most detailed map and best designed are certainly the 1/25.000° maps.
- Slide eventually your map in a waterproof plastic posket that you will fix on the arch.
- We often forget about this detail : it is better to turn with the sun than being always against the light (so please choose well the direction of your itinerary).
- You should also avoid big difficulties by the end of your path.
You can also find information in the tourist offices to be aware of the marked out hiking tracks of the area. It is a good way not to make any mistake and these tracks are always very pleasant.
SOME THINGS TO CARRY WITH YOU- Water and energetic food ;
- A confortable and light packbag. Please do not overload it and put the heaviest things at the bottom of the packbag. Fasten the strap around your waist so that the biggest weight rest on your hips. The straps do not have to compress your rib cage but to be tensed enough to avoid the packbag rocking. Any hard object next to the back.
- Trash bags ;
- A small first aid kit (band-aids, compress, disinfectant, etc.) ;
- Sun cream + cap/hat + scarf ;
- A windcheater ;
- A set of Allen keys including a flat screwdriver (from 3€ in some sports store) ;
- A repairing kit for tires + one mini bicycle pump ;
- A compass and a IGN map ;
- Mobile phone.
A FEW TRACKS
Track alongside the Dordogne on the bicycle path from Cazoulès to Sarlat for a little and peaceful trip at the heart of the valley suitable for all ages.
Several tracks more sportive are as well possible.
You will find on each renting base track maps. These maps can be lended to you for the day.
|Between Ouysse and Causse||25km||Medium|
|Meyronne - Lacave||11,5km||Easy|
|The chestnut groves of Ségala||15km||Medium|
|On the Castelnau’s barons road||7.8km||Easy|
|The Causse Castle of Martel||8.5km||Easy|
|The Ségala gardens||25km||Sportive|
|Grapevines and Small Valleys||22km||Medium|
|The Bonnefont Swamp||16.3km||Very easy|